West Virginia Pumpkin Festival Parade
“Pumpkin Kisses & Harvest Wishes” at West Virginia Pumpkin Park for Pumpkin Festival Parade! See below for the parade route and application. The rules and theme description are also listed below.
- The parade will lineup at the WV Pumpkin Park, Milton, WV.
Gates will open at 9:00 am on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
- The parade process will exit the Pumpkin Park at 1:45 pm proceeding to Route 60 at the Marathon station.
Where it will turn East (right) onto Route 60 at 2:00 pm.
- Continuing to Milton Plaza/Ginos where it will make a “U” turn going West on Route 60.
- The parade will then proceed West on Route 60 to Milton Pre-K where another “U” turn will be made turning the parade East once again.
- Once the start of the parade reaches the intersection of Route 60 and Fair Grounds Road it will turn South (right) and return to the Pumpkin Park to dis-band.
- All Floats must have constructed sides. Craftsmanship should produce a neat, decorative, and creative effect.
- Any group or individual can enter a float if all rules, and State, Local and Federal Laws are followed.
- To be considered for the “Queen’s Choice” trophy, the entry must be in the lineup area and complete by noon. Once in the lineup area a driver must remain with the float at all times.
- All other judging will take place during the parade.
- Judging will be based on the representation of our theme, “Pumpkin Kisses & Harvest Wishes” creativity and originality. All judges’ decisions are final.
- All entrants must obey the instructions of the Parade Officials. The officials will be properly identified and have the authority to disqualify or eject noncomplying units from the parade. This is in order to maintain the pace and safety of the parade itself.
- At least 40 but no more than 60 feet must be maintained between floats. All participants must be able to maintain the pace of the parade without gaps greater than 60 feet. Walkers may step to the side to allow the next unit to pass if needed.
- Floats are not permitted to stop during the parade unless the entire procession has come to a halt.
- Absolutely no loading or unloading of passengers during the parade.
- Should an entry experience mechanical difficulty, it should be moved to the side and out of the parade flow as quickly as it is safe to do so.
- Any entry considered to be unsafe will not be allowed in the lineup or parade procession.
- Due to crowd control and safety, The WV Pumpkin Festival assumes no responsibility for any object thrown from moving floats, vehicle or any person/persons in the parade.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Towing vehicle: Entries towing floats must be suitable to control the float safely.
- The Pumpkin Park will open at 9:00 the day of the parade. No entrants will be accepted into the lineup after 1:00 pm.